Friday 20 April 2018

IELTS: 4 Highly Expected Cue Cards: Model Answer, Ideas and Vocabulary, Don't forget to Study before Examination



IELTS: 4 Highly Expected Cue Cards: Model Answer, Ideas and Vocabulary, Don't forget to Study before Examination 

There are topics frequently asked in Speaking Part-2 known as cue card. We have asked students and found that these 4 cue cards appear so often. To help you in this regard we have explained these 4 cue cards so you can face your speaking interview with competence and confidence. Before you run through these 4 topics, just pause and calm down and try to read slowly. Don’t do formality.  

We, The English hunt are fully committed to help you achieve desired score in IELTS examinations. If you want us serve you better, Do leave a comment how we can do so.


Describe a useful website you visited/ your favorite website

You should say:
What it is
How often you visit it
What kind of site it is
What kind of information it offers
And explain why you think it is useful.

Model Answer

I don’t deny that fact that Google knows everything. There was a time when we had to read books, meet with the people and visit offices to get information on specific topic and area. Today all this is easily available on internet. World Wide Web is a great platform that renders information to us. I visit various websites for different purposes. I visit www.desiringod.com, www.smarttalk.com, www.paybills.com and many more are there. These are very useful to me and other people as well.  The website I really appreciate is www.onlinepreparation.com it is an educational and news website. This offers us to prepare for competitive exams like Banking, Civil services and other important exams to be employed in public sector. I visit this website frequently to update myself. This website shows exam dates, offers free study material and upcoming job alerts. I have been using this website for 3 years to brush up my skills. I must say that this website is instrumental for those who seek to be employed in public sector. This is very reliable and popular all over country.
There are some of my friends who cannot access it. I visit and pass the information to them. Earlier I had very limited information about the jobs in public sectors. This site really made me aware about highly regarded jobs and positions that our government offers. I don’t think there is any other website that offers this much just in a click. I have recommended this to many students to subscribe it so they can stay updated.  This is undoubtedly my favorite website.  

Describe a book you have recently read

You should say:
What kind of book it is
Who wrote the book
What is the story of the book
And explain if it is a good book or not.

Model Answer
Reading books is one of my favorite hobbies. I love reading books on personal development, economics and public speaking. Reading opens up one’s mind and broadens the way he or she perceives things around the world. So far I have read many books on self help, economics and how to develop overall personality. The book I find very interesting is “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” it happens to be my favorite book as well. It is authored by Mr. Robin Sharma a renowned success couch, much sought after public speakers and prolific writer.  He has penned down about 10 books a rough guess of mine, maybe he has written more. This book narrates story about a business tycoon who later becomes a monk and sacrifices all worldly pleasures to lead a meaningful life. He starts his journey to find the mystery of life, everlasting joy, passion, love and success. He arrives in India and meets with many proclaimed saints and sagas.  But he finds his true mentor on the great mountain Himalaya name Raman. He teaches him techniques, exercises and daily rituals to uplift the life of his new disciple. This is very fascinating book the techniques and rituals given mentioned in the book can transform anybody’s life. I have been reading this book for many years. It has really changes the way I looked at myself and the world around me. I have now become more positive, health conscious, determined to elevate the lives of people in my society. Whenever I feel down I pick up the book and go through it. It energies and inspires me to be at my best, wear a smile and leave the things better than I found it. The writer has beautifully and lucidly conveyed his message with the help of captivating story of the monk. I admire the author and my friend who suggested me read this great book. It has been translated in more than 70 languages. It was claimed bestseller by New You times. I am now more passionate about my life and work. I am dedicated to read more. it is worth to read book.


Describe your favorite sport

You should day:
What it is
How often you play / watch it
How to play it
And explain why it is your favorite sport.

Model answer

Playing indoor and outdoor games is one of the activities I enjoy the most. I play cricket, football and carom board very often. Cricket is the game that I love playing. It is more than a sport in my nation. People consider it a religion and Mr. Sachin Tendular is God of it.  I watched a cricket match on TV when I was ten years old; I fell in love with it. Since then I have been playing it with my friends in my locality. Almost thrice a week I play this game. The month of April is very special for cricket lover. India organizes an event Name Indian Premier League; cricketers from every corner of the world participate in this popular league. This sport is played between two teams. Each team has to have 11 playing members; they have different roles to play like batters, bowlers, wicket keepers and fielders. Cricket kit is required here in which bats, bowls, pads, gloves and wickets included. 2 field empires and one TV Empire help to make decisions. The coin is tossed in the air to weather to bowl or bad. The captain, who wins it, makes the choice to bat or bowl first.  The bowler throws the bowl to batsmen, the batsmen tries to it and goes to run. There are certain rules to be followed by both teams. This is very captivating game it is often said that cricket is the game of uncertainties. Things changes with every six bowls.
This game has 3 formats One dayer, Test and T-20. In one dayer each team has 50 overs to bat and 50 overs to bowl. Test match goes for 5 days. Each team comes to bat and bowl twice. T-20 is new advent in the arena. It has become very popular in recent time. I enjoy every point of game. It really excites me to perform at my best. I even take part in competitive cricket where we go to play for reward and award. I can bat and bowl. I am ardent fan of this game.

Describe the job/career you have or hope to have
in the future

You should say:
What the job/career is
What it involves
Why you should choose it
And explain why you are interested in this job/career.

Model Answer

Choosing a job or career is very crucial. The whole life revolves around what you do as a job or career. I am very concerned about my future and I take every step towards it consciously. I have always dreamt of becoming a motivational speaker in simple words public speaker. I want to opt it as my full time career. Why I want to be a speaker. Public speaking is now a well established industry. People, who are involved in, have respect, reputation and revenue. There are many much sought after public speakers around the world earn and travel a lot. Through speaking business, society and lives are transformed. Many multination corporations invite public speakers to help their employees. A public speaker has to inspire and guide people to face the fear and embrace the reality though his speeches and activities developed by him. I have attended some seminars where renowned speakers delivered their best speeches to transform the lives of listeners. Public speaking excites since my childhood, whenever any politicians visited my town I did listen to their speeches. For some people stage fright is equal to death and some set it on the fire. I have been working on my skills I don’t miss any chance to speak publically so I can open up myself and get over my fear. Some of my friends have given me positive feedbacks that I can make my career as a speaker. It offers lucrative career, respect and money as well. I have seen people becoming highly successful in couple of years. Your one speech can set your career and establish you in this industry. That’s why I think I must go for public speaking. There are many other reasons to work in this field. it is a rewarding career. I have been to some speech competition and managed to 1st and 3rd prize twice so far. I watch YouTube videos of other popular speakers to learn the fundamentals of this field. I believe that I can make and establish my career in this industry and serve people.

We hope that the post is useful to you. If you find it useful, Do share with other IELTS aspirants to help them. Your help can enable them achieve more.
You share this post in your facebook and twitter walls.

We are going to cover writing module soon. To stay connected, please comment your email address below.

Don’t forget to hit “follow” button to get updates of new posts.

Other useful links to help you in your preparation

5 top tips to score 7+ in speaking module


how reading  newspaper can help you improve your speaking and writing.


50 very important idioms for IELTS other competitive exams.


IELTS overview, tips and suggestion


IELTS Cambridge book -9 Speaking test 1


Cambridge IELTS Book-7 Speaking Test-1

2 comments: