Saturday 30 June 2018

IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe an interest or hobby that you enjoy


In this post we are going to explain a Cue Card from Book 3. this cue card is about interest or hobby. we come across many topics to describe for one or two minutes. You are in this post going to get ideas and structure to follow for achieving good band score.


Speaking Part 2: Describe an interest or hobby that you enjoy.

You should say:

How you became interested in it. 
how long you have been doing it.
why you enjoy it.

and explain what benefits you get from this interest or hobby. 


Model Answer

There is no denying the fact that hobbies or interests are very important to have in life. Almost everyone under the sun does have any hobby or interest to recharge or spend time with. 

I am keen on doing lot of things like swimming, playing cricket , browsing internet and talking to people so on. every activity offers its own advantages and disadvantages.

Reading books is one the hobbies that i really love. I have read books on various subjects like Self-Help, Economics, Leadership and Stock Market.

When i was learning English. There was a teacher who used to teach us Communicative English. He inspired to read me to read books to expend my mental horizon .

Since then i started reading books. it was very difficult earlier later i was able to spend good amount of time reading books and magazines.

it's been about 7 years i have been reading books. whenever i visit the Capital of my country i do buy books because there i get books on reasonable price.

I have a group of friends who are avid readers they share their learning with me i do the same to them.

Reading has immensely benefited me. it improved my linguistic skills and helped to me see the world differently. Now i can talk on various topics. it is often said that reading one of the best thing to peep in the mind of writer who has very rich experience of this subject.

I want to continue read more books to grasp more information to make myself as ease with complexity of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment