Tuesday 17 April 2018

Cambridge IELTS Book-9, 3 Cue Cards With Model Answers, Ideas and Vocabulary to obtain 7+ bands


In this post we are going to cover 3 cue cards from Cambridge IELTS book -9. Students often lack ideas to prepare their answer about certain speech topic.  The English Hunt tries its best to help you obtain high Score in speaking module.


Describe something you did that was new and exciting.

You should say:
What you did
Where and when you did this
Who you shared the activity with and explain why this activity was new
Or exciting for you.

Model answer
Doing new things can be exciting and intimidating. I am an enthusiastic person I am keen on learning and doing things which allow me to test my character and true self. I do new things practically to learn more and expend my mental horizon. Here I would like to tell a thing that I tried couple of months back. It was learning to shoot by pistol. One of my friends is army personnel. Many times they conduct training camps to train civilians to use weapons to protect themselves. He called me up and told me about this program. I instantly asked him to fill up my form and he did that. I reached the training camp and my friend received me there. I was amazed to see the military equipments and weapons that I saw in the movies and news reports only. Next day we were to register our presence to the senior officers and we were divided in groups according to the age. Then the excitement begins we were handed over pistols and told to functions of it. How it is loaded with small bullets. Initially they trained us to shoot 5 feet target. The distance was increased. I must say that I was very much feeling of proud to see the army men were teaching us. How they work days and nights protect us. Shooting was very new to me even I never thought to do it. It is an opportunity to learn thing and I grabbed it. This was 10 days program. We were about 15 members in our group. We all dedicated our self to the activity because it was worth learning. The army camp is situated in northern part of my country at Sri Nagar. After finishing the program successfully we were awarded certificates. I managed to receive 3rd grade there. I shared it with my friends and showed my certificate and photos to them. They really appreciated it. I enjoyed my every day there because every moment was full of life and enthusiasm. It was really one of the best activities I have ever done in my life.

Describe a journey ( E.g. by car, plane boat) that you remember well.

You should say:
Where you went
How you travelled
Why you went on the journey
And explain why you remember this journey well.

Model answer

Travelling is something that I don’t enjoy much. I do travel when it is necessary. I am the one who loves sitting and working on a certain place. But most of my friends love to travel a lot and they have visited many historical places. Even they travel unnecessarily. Here I would like to share a journey that I still remember. Before that I had travelled few times such as school picnic or college programs. One of my friends passed CET exam. It is Common entrance Test to get enrolled in Business schools and the guy got 3rd rank in my state. He was on cloud nine. We got this new and reached his home. We sat together and made a plan to celebrate his success at unique place. We all got ready and planned our trip to visit one of the best tourist places of my country. It is Shimla famous for snowfall, greenery and its beauty. Earlier we thought to go by the train later we made up my mind it hire a car. We hired a car and started our journey. The journey was very exciting. We all were very happy, singing songs and cracking jokes. We visited many places which fall in the way to our finadestination. Why this journey was so good because we could stop wherever we wanted. There was not any kind of hurry. It took as about 14 hours to reach Shimla. The view of mountain was breathtaking and a real picturesque. I help my breath keep watching the beauty of the place from the top of the hill we were standing. The good thing was this that we could take our car with us. The road connectivity was worth to praise. We stayed there couple of days, visited local markets which are famous for traditions products. I got to know that people from other counties buy these traditions products to gift their near and dear. We wanted to spend some more time there. The car journey was really enjoyed. It opened up my mind to grab the opportunity to travel new places. The memory of this journey is vivid in my mind. I would make time to travel in the future.


Describe an open air or street market which you enjoyed visiting.

You Should say:

Where the market is
What the market sells
How big the market is

And explain why you enjoyed visiting this market.


Model answer:-

Shopping is one of my favorite hobbies. I go to buy variety of things like clothes, gadgets, books and daily products on various places. I have so far visited many places for shopping purpose. In my hometown which is situated 20 kilometers away from my residence. There is an open air markets help on weekends. On weekends people from far and wide visit here. I also love going there. There is wide range of products on reasonable prices available there. Almost everything is readily available there. Here we can find cell phones, clothes; electronic products and things used for domestic purposes are sold. This place is spread in almost 10 acres of land. Why I like going there because the prices of products are very less than other markets in my home town. Some people think that the quality of products is not so good but I never find any issue what we buy from there. Fashionable clothes are on demand every time.  The shopkeepers are very intelligent they keep pace with latest clothing style.  Trendy T-shirt, jeans, gift items and old phones attract people there. On Sunday it gets very tough to buy what we want because of heavy rush there. I have very good connection with some shopkeepers there. I can go and get anything on installment. If I run short of money it does not bother me. I can buy and pay later. I have been visiting this market for last 6 years. The products we have bought are of good quality and we can trust the sellers.  Last Sunday I bought a watch for my friends and he appreciated it. Whenever we have to buy any special gift we do visit this place. I believe that the market is going to expand more in the future because its popularity is rising day by day. In other words it is progressing by the leaps and the bounds.

We have covered 3 cue cards. You are advised to look at bold words and phrases. we assure you if you execute the test well you will score 7+.
We hope that we are helping you in your preparation if you have any suggestion for us. We would like to hear and work upon that.

Other useful links to help you in your preparation

Cambridge IELTS Book-7 Speaking Test-1


5 top tips to score 7+ in speaking module


how reading  newspaper can help you improve your speaking and writing.


50 very important idioms for IELTS other competitive exams.


IELTS overview, tips and suggestion

IELTS Cambridge book -9 Speaking test 1




No comments:

Post a Comment