Monday 14 May 2018

IELTS Speaking : Cue Card : Talk about your favorite book.




In this post we are going to cover a cue card. You can find the explanation and vocabulary.

IELTS Speaking : Cue Card : Talk about your favorite book.



Talk about your favorite book.

You should say:-

What its title is
What it’s about
When you read it
and say why it is your favourite book.

Model Answer:-

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I devote my most of free time reading books, magazines and newspapers.

I have so far read books on self help, inspiration, and finance and personality development.

There are many great authors committed to change the world through their writings.
If I talk about my favorite book it is the leader who had no title. This book is authored by Robin Sharma much sought after public speaker, leadership consultant and prolific writer.

I read it two years ago when I was planning to start a business in education sector
This book is about leadership skills, it says if one has to become a true leader, he must lead without any position.

The book indicates there are people holding huge titles and doing nothing. Some of them work just because they have titles.

True leaders don’t need any title they work for a cause. They don’t work for attracting the attention of people around them.

The author says every person is a leader he must work diligently and painstakingly
They work to inspire their co-workers to work at their best and boost positive atmosphere within the organization and society.

They don’t work to win accolades but to trust of people. They have a clear vision which can be translated into reality.  

The book taught me not to work for show off; I must be working to bring a change which can uplift others. I become more positive and work selflessly.

There are some examples of people who work without any title. They have transformed lives of many people.

I now work without considering any accolades of my work. This book has been my favorite since very first read. Whenever I have to clear any concept of leadership I do read it.

Hope that the content is useful to your preparation.

More resources to assist you in your ESOL pursuit














No comments:

Post a Comment