Monday 16 December 2019

Cambridge IELTS Book 13 Speaking Mock Test 2



Cambridge IELTS Book 13 Speaking Mock Test 2

Hello Students we bring you one more IELTS Speaking mock test with questions and answers. Read the post and learn the ideas, vocabulary and sentences used in speaking interview. We are committed to help you prepare better and get desired score in your first attempt.

Cambridge IELTS Book 13 Speaking Mock Test 2

Example

Age

Are you happy to be the age you are now? Why? Why not?

Some people say that age is just a number. I disagree this statement. When I think of my age I feel satisfied to a great extent. I have enjoyed my time and don’t feel backward. There are some areas in terms of technology and other advancements children have today were not in my time.

When you were a child, did you think a lot about future? Why? Why not?

My childhood has been awesome. I used to be very active and smart. I believed in my dreams and thought about my future a lot. Whenever I met with any senior person and used to think to be like him. I would imagine a lot.  I believe that the mind of child is more concerned about future.

Do you think you have changed as you have got older? Why? Why not?

Change is the rule of nature as we grow old we do change in almost every area, we have been through some positive and negative changes. I used to laugh more when I was a child now I get irritate and angry too early. My body has transformed a lot. My body weight does not complement my height. I sometime feel irritated to the changes my body has shown.  

What would be different about your life in the future?

I am very concerned about my future. I want to live healthy and wealthy life. I make best use of my time to I could spend time happily in the future. My future is not going to be same. It would be better. I will be living a successful and secure life. I also want to make some difference in other life.


Describe a time when you started using a new technological device (a new computer or a phone)

You should say:
What device you started using
Why you started using this device
How easy or difficult this was to use
And explain how helpful this device was to you


Model Answer


I am not much addicted to using technology. I do use technology when I need. I got my first phone when I passed 10th standard and laptop when I secured first position in 12th standard.  Here I would talk about my experience with my first laptop. When I was enrolled in Bachelor of Business Administration the laptop was my need and my mother fulfilled it by gifting.

As I started my college and I had to make PowerPoint presentation and deliver a speech with the help of this. As we cannot carry desktop but laptop is portable device.  We don’t need to keep it connected to electricity. Laptop has a chargeable battery which can last up-to 3 hours at least. It was a perfect tool for me to help me with my study.

Initially I was not comfortable with it because I was addict to use mouse and keyboard. I would often forget the touch pad which works as mouse. I bought additional keyboard and mouse. After using couple of months I got good at using laptop and left using additional keyboard and mouse.

The laptop was a very useful device for me. It made my study and research work easy. I made my projects and presentation on laptop. I would often carry it to library and use Wi-Fi. Whenever I got tired I would play a piece of music to refresh myself.
I can say that the device has been of great use for me. It was a very necessary tool to help me with my study. I thank my mom for gifting this to me. It saved my time, energy and money as well .

Discussion topics:

Technology and Education

Example Questions


What is the best age for children to start computer lessons?

Computer education is very important to have. Because , computers are deployed in every field today. I think computer should be introduced to students after the age of ten. It is the age when children are mentally prepared to learn a new subject. It is seen that children less than the age of ten are addicted to video games. They don’t understand the other important use of computer. They fall into the trap of video games and other features of this technology. They should be well instructed.   


Do you think that schools should use more technology to help students learn?

Techno-logic advancements and innovations are changing the way teachers teach and students learn. Now we can study from any teacher from our home.  I am convinced that school should use the technology to improve the experience of learning. There are many gadgets and devices which help students learn better. Smart classes, interactive board, language lab, online lectures have become possible just because of the technology. There are some schools not allowed technology in their classrooms. They must change their attitude towards it.


Do you agree or disagree that computers will replace teachers one day?

Computer has helped teachers and students to a great extent. It has made teaching and learning easy. Students are more interested in using technology for the education purposes. But the role of teacher is inevitable. We are human and we can well with others. Teaching is transforming the students emotionally and intellectually. Learning from teacher is more reliable than computers or robots.  If we try to learn from computers or other gadgets it may not fulfill the purpose of the education and there is not replacement of human. Only a teacher replaces teachers not any technologic device.

Technology and Society


How much has technology improved how we communicate with each other?

Gone are the days when people would wait for the letters and post cards for months and queue for the landline phone. Today we have mobile phone and internet enables us to reach any corner of the world in a minute. Technology has entirely changed the way people communicate today. We can deliver our message to any largest audience by sitting at our homes, attend any call, instruct any employee and teach students. This is all possible just by technology.


Do you agree that there are still many more major technological innovations to be made?

Every year we get to experience new gadgets and devices. Scientists and engineers are busy innovating the technology to help people live better life. There are many innovations which are to come into existence. Some would come in educations so students can learn comfortably and efficiently. Diseases to be cured by latest technology. Space is to more explored and reached where nobody has gone before. There is lot to come in the future.

Could you suggest why some people are deciding to reduce their use of technology?

We have become addicted and dependent on the technology. Cooking food, ironing clothes, making communication, learning, teaching and doing anything you name is dominated by technology. The trend has reverse impact mentally and physically.  People are getting overweight, irritated, impatience, and many other changes making people to use technology less. It is costing us a lot. Even doctors suggest people to use the technology as less as they can.















4 comments:

  1. This task really helpful for us thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog was amazing and worth a while.
    study loan interest rate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was searching for migration. Thanks, admin, for sharing such wonderful content on this topic. Now I have got everything I need about it. Here’s another informative content skilled migration to Australia from Bangladesh you may find here more information.

    ReplyDelete