Wednesday 4 July 2018

IELTS Speaking Part: 2 :Describe a skill that you leaned in your school and college time.



Dear IELTS Aspirants, in this post we are going to cover a cue card that has recently appeared.  The students can have some important ideas from this post.

Describe a skill that you leaned in your school and college time.

You should say:-
What it is
How you Learnt it.
Why you learnt it.

And explain how useful this skill is for you.

Model Answer:-

Acquiring skills is very significant to live good and influential life. Schools and colleges are the best platform for young boys and girls to get acquainted with the world and hone exciting skills and go for more.

I learned some very useful skills like other students like speaking English, doing math, drawing and so on. The skill which I learnt and, has been a great source of appreciation is public speaking. Speaking on stage or hosting any event in school seems to be very challenging. Like other students I was afraid of speaking to the group or host any event. But deep down in my heart there was an urge to speak to people. I just had to overcome my fear of being laughed at.

When I was in 11th standard a new teacher joined our school to teach us English. He was a great orator. He wanted his students to be good communicators. He would often deliver speeches on different topics to inspire us about life and education. Since then I got more interested in public speaking with the help of my teacher I started delivering short speeches to my classmates. Later I would tell stories of history and share thoughts on various issues.
After couple of months I was at ease to communicate and host any event. I even hosted the stage on the occasion of Independence day and other sports events.

I took part in speeches competitions and managed to get 1st prize once and 2nd prize twice. This skill made me confident to speak frankly and aware people around important things. people of my town praise me for my oratory. I often give speeches on different topics,  


No comments:

Post a Comment